June 27, 2010
6 signs that it’s time to check my priorities as a Christian:
1) When other believers know not to bring up certain (secondary) topics around me–I’ll simply become bull-headed, stop listening, and act like an annoying nuisance.
2) When none of the issues I’m passionate about are secondary issues–at least not to me.
3) When I find myself more often in a contentious debate or a heated discussion with another believer, instead of gently encouraging them or contending at their side in the cause of Christ.
4) When I feel that certain passages of Scripture belong more to me than to you. “I’ve spent more time studying that passage! What right do you have to quote it?”
5) When you hearing me becomes more important than me genuinely listening to you.
6) When I know I’m the most spiritual one in any group, and must make sure everyone knows it (but in a humble way, of course).