March 4, 2012
I’ve been regularly posting things about Germany and my family’s plans to move to Munich to begin doctoral studies. And as I’ve already mentioned, the University is planning on me matriculating in September and beginning my research in October. The only thing I was waiting on was a decision from the DAAD, a scholarship that I hoped would cover my family’s living expenses. Sadly, I received word from the DAAD this week that I did not receive the scholarship. And today I found out that my professor’s plans of offering me a paid research position have fallen through. So, for some reason several doors are closing related to Germany. This does not mean that we will not be going, only that we are looking into other funding possibilities and that our plans will likely be delayed. Everything is in God’s hands; if He wants our family to move there, then it will happen; if He is closing the doors permanently, then so be it. I ask for your prayers and that God will make his will clear for my family.